- PS110/AquaLab Proposal
- Trout Unlimited in our Nature Lab
- The Leader in Me
- Cookshop Classroom
- Visual Thinking Strategies
- 2nd Grade Swim at the YMCA
- Wellness Committee
- Visual Arts
- Student Council
- Family Fridays
- National Wildlife Federation/Eco-Schools USA @ PS110
NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION
www.nwf.org | www.eco-schoolsusa.org
September 17, 2015
This fall at P.S. 110, a team of teachers and administrators will begin purposely integrating sustainability practices across the school culture, curriculum, and infrastructure utilizing the Eco-Schools USA framework to guide their process.
This work is a part of the Greenpoint Eco-Schools Program, a new initiative funded by a grant awarded to the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) from the Greenpoint Community Environmental Fund (GCEF).
As part of the program, I have come aboard as a new full-time Sustainability Coach at P.S. 110 to help gather resources and track the progress we will make as a team.
Our goals include:
- reducing school waste, energy and water usage
- increasing or enhancing the school’s green spaces
- creating opportunities for students to lead community-focused stewardship projects
I look forward to embarking on this journey with P.S. 110 and the Greenpoint community and look forward to meeting you at the next family event!
Please be in touch with any questions or curiosities about the project.